- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
NEW MADRID, Mo. -- Roger Kirk, 86, of New Madrid died Monday, Feb. 6, 2006, at Jackson Manor in Jackson.
He was born April 19, 1919, in Decatur, Tenn., son of James and Tinnie Mae Jennings Kirk. He was raised by his uncle and aunt, Jim and Sallie Belle Bowman. He and Mary Jane Woolridge were married Oct. 27, 1944, in Fontmell Magna, England.
Kirk had been a mechanic at New Madrid John Deere and service manager at Portageville John Deere until retiring. He was an auxiliary police officer, deputy sheriff volunteer, and member of American Legion Post 595.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II in England, serving with the 53rd General Hospital Ambulance Drivers.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Roger "Sonny" Kirk of Jackson; two daughters, Jane Wooley of DeBary, Fla., Sue Kelly of Lutz, Fla.; eight grandchildren; a stepgrandson; seven great-grandchildren; and a great-stepgrandchild.
Friends may call at Richards Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Randall Tochtrop officiating. Burial will be in Evergreen Cemetery with full military honors.