- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CAIRO, Ill. -- Burlin L. Payne, 69, of Cairo died Sunday, Feb. 5, 2006, at his home.
He was born June 28, 1936, in Cairo, son of Willis and Violet Sturgeon Payne.
He was a retired painter.
Survivors include four sons, Clinton Payne of Mound City, Ill., John and Troy Payne and Jeff Harrell, all of Paducah, Ky.; a sister, Jane Fye of Gainesville, Fla.; a brother, Robert Payne of Henderson, Ky.; and several grandchildren.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo from 11 a.m. until time of service Friday.
The funeral will be at noon Friday at the funeral home, with Monsignor Bill McGhee officiating. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery at Villa Ridge, Ill.