- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Who signed for the mountain of debt?
To the editor:
The cover page of the recent Washington Post national weekly edition depicts a caricature of Alan Greenspan with the headline "The Greenspan Paradox: On His Watch at the Fed, Americans Prospered But Fell Deeper in Debt."
The equation is simple. Prosperity has been funded by a virtually insurmountable mountain of debt. Who signed the note?
GILBERT DEGENHARDT, Cape Girardeau