- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Who signed for the mountain of debt?
To the editor:
The cover page of the recent Washington Post national weekly edition depicts a caricature of Alan Greenspan with the headline "The Greenspan Paradox: On His Watch at the Fed, Americans Prospered But Fell Deeper in Debt."
The equation is simple. Prosperity has been funded by a virtually insurmountable mountain of debt. Who signed the note?
GILBERT DEGENHARDT, Cape Girardeau