- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Who signed for the mountain of debt?
To the editor:
The cover page of the recent Washington Post national weekly edition depicts a caricature of Alan Greenspan with the headline "The Greenspan Paradox: On His Watch at the Fed, Americans Prospered But Fell Deeper in Debt."
The equation is simple. Prosperity has been funded by a virtually insurmountable mountain of debt. Who signed the note?
GILBERT DEGENHARDT, Cape Girardeau