- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
George Bucher Sr.
MOUNDS, Ill. -- George Victor Bucher Sr., 80, of Evansville, Ind., formerly of Mounds, died Sunday, Feb. 5, 2006, at the VNA Hospice Center in Evansville.
He was born Sept. 30, 1925, in Mounds, son of Louie Bucher and Lena Biessingert Bucher. He first married Elsie Smoot. He later married Mae Winters.
Bucher was employed 20 years at World Pool Co. in Evansville.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Karen McCamish of Evansville; a son, George Bucher Jr. of El Paso, Texas; two stepdaughters, Marlyn Miller of Addieville, Ill., Brenda Aponta of Kane, Pa.; a sister, Mary Adams of Anna, Ill.; a brother, Tom Bucher of Evansville; three grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Monsignor Bill McGhee officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery in Mounds.