- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
George Bucher Sr.
MOUNDS, Ill. -- George Victor Bucher Sr., 80, of Evansville, Ind., formerly of Mounds, died Sunday, Feb. 5, 2006, at the VNA Hospice Center in Evansville.
He was born Sept. 30, 1925, in Mounds, son of Louie Bucher and Lena Biessingert Bucher. He first married Elsie Smoot. He later married Mae Winters.
Bucher was employed 20 years at World Pool Co. in Evansville.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Karen McCamish of Evansville; a son, George Bucher Jr. of El Paso, Texas; two stepdaughters, Marlyn Miller of Addieville, Ill., Brenda Aponta of Kane, Pa.; a sister, Mary Adams of Anna, Ill.; a brother, Tom Bucher of Evansville; three grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Monsignor Bill McGhee officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery in Mounds.