- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
George Bucher Sr.
MOUNDS, Ill. -- George Victor Bucher Sr., 80, of Evansville, Ind., formerly of Mounds, died Sunday, Feb. 5, 2006, at the VNA Hospice Center in Evansville.
He was born Sept. 30, 1925, in Mounds, son of Louie Bucher and Lena Biessingert Bucher. He first married Elsie Smoot. He later married Mae Winters.
Bucher was employed 20 years at World Pool Co. in Evansville.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Karen McCamish of Evansville; a son, George Bucher Jr. of El Paso, Texas; two stepdaughters, Marlyn Miller of Addieville, Ill., Brenda Aponta of Kane, Pa.; a sister, Mary Adams of Anna, Ill.; a brother, Tom Bucher of Evansville; three grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Monsignor Bill McGhee officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery in Mounds.