- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
George Bucher Sr.
MOUNDS, Ill. -- George Victor Bucher Sr., 80, of Evansville, Ind., formerly of Mounds, died Sunday, Feb. 5, 2006, at the VNA Hospice Center in Evansville.
He was born Sept. 30, 1925, in Mounds, son of Louie Bucher and Lena Biessingert Bucher. He first married Elsie Smoot. He later married Mae Winters.
Bucher was employed 20 years at World Pool Co. in Evansville.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Karen McCamish of Evansville; a son, George Bucher Jr. of El Paso, Texas; two stepdaughters, Marlyn Miller of Addieville, Ill., Brenda Aponta of Kane, Pa.; a sister, Mary Adams of Anna, Ill.; a brother, Tom Bucher of Evansville; three grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Monsignor Bill McGhee officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery in Mounds.