- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
On Sunday, Feb. 5, 2006, Wanda "Sue'' Kinder, 64, of Delta was called home to be with our Lord and Savior, after fighting a valiant fight against cancer. Her family and friends surrounded her at her home at the time of her passing.
She was born June 3, 1941, in Flat River, Mo., daughter of the late Elvis "Red" and Neva Marie Shelton Dunning. She and Joe Kinder were married Aug. 10, 1964, in Chaffee. He survives of the home.
Sue was a 1959 graduate of Delta High School, and a 1961 graduate of Cape Girardeau School of Beauty Culture. She worked for a short time at the shoe factory. She was a lifelong member of First Baptist Church of Delta.
She raised four wonderful children, Troy A. Smith, Joe M. Kinder Jr. and Kelli Kinder, all of Delta, Angie Evans of Jackson; eight glorious grandchildren, Shea, Taylor, and Macey Smith, of Delta; Kaci Evans of Jackson; Joseph, Jordan, and Kelsi Kinder of Delta, and Trenton Henson of Delta, also carry on her legacy.
She loved her family dearly, they were the center of her life.
Sue is also survived by two sisters, Shirley Reimann of Fruitland and Sharon Russom of Delta, two brothers, Jerry "Son" Dunning of Cape Coral, Fla., and Larry Dunning of Whitewater.
Her parents preceded her in death.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at First Baptist Church of Delta. The Rev. Eric Hodge will officiate. Burial will be in Hitt Cemetery near Delta.
The family requests memorials be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn., 38105, and/or to Hitt Cemetery Memorial Fund, 480 County Road 254, Advance, Mo., 63730.