- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape/Jackson police reports 2/7/06
The following items were released by the Cape Girardeau Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Cherie A. Schmidt, 29, of Altenburg, Mo., was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and failing to signal a turn.
* John W. McConnell, 26, of St. Louis, was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and failure to drive on the right half of the roadway.
* A subject was in custody pending filing of formal charges on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and failure to drive in a single lane.
* Jason Ryan, 20, of 1733 Northwoods Court, was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, striking a parked vehicle and failure to drive on the right half of the roadway.
n Vicky C. Carter, 49, of 37 N. Park St., was arrested on suspicion of peace disturbance.
* Trinity M. Daniels, 23, of 2747 Adeline Ave., was arrested on suspicion of public consumption of alcohol.
* Joshua A. Riggins, 19, of 612 Boxwood Drive, No. 22, was arrested on a Marion County, Ind., warrant for robbery, battery, criminal recklessness and having an unlicensed handgun.
* A subject was in custody pending filing of formal charges for suspicion of marijuana possession.
* Jimmy L. Bell, 56, of 921 S. Ellis St., was arrested on Cape Girardeau warrants for contempt of court for failure to pay fines for possession of drug paraphernalia, trespassing and failure to appear on possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Garry J. Greenhill, 44, of 3014 Kage Road, received a summons for a leash law violation.
* A stereo and DVD player were reported stolen at 605 Maple St.
* Golf clubs, a golf bag, a Nike bag, a softball bag and a broom were reported stolen at the intersection of Normal Avenue and Pacific Street.
* A cellular telephone was reported stolen at 310 S. Sprigg St.
* A wallet, driver's license and Discover card were reported stolen at 5 S. Henderson Ave.
* A burglary was reported at 715 N. Middle St. A PlayStation 2 game, controllers, memory cards and two CDs were reported stolen.
* A 21-year-old man was placed in protective custody.
* A 30-year-old man was placed in protective custody.
* A case of animal abuse was reported.
* BP D-Mart, 3276 William St., reported a forgery.
The following items were released by the Jackson Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Ryan M. McCormick, 20, 163 S. Legend No. 182, was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, failure to drive on the right half of the roadway and possession of alcohol by a minor.
* David M. Sloan, 18, of 211 S. Bast St., was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and driving while suspended.
* A 15-year-old boy was referred to juvenile authorities for suspicion of possession of a controlled substance.
* A theft was reported in the 100 block of West Jackson Boulevard.
* A theft was reported in the 300 block of Kate Street.
* Property damage was reported in the 900 block of Morton Street.
* Property damage was reported on North High Street.
* Harassment was reported on Neal Street.
* Telephone harassment was reported in the 200 block of Elmwood Boulevard.
* A peace disturbance was reported on West Winesap Drive.
* A peace disturbance was reported in the 2200 block of Jonathan Drive.
* A missing person was reported in the 1000 block of Anna Street.