- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jackson Board of Aldermen action 2/7/06
* Held a hearing to consider the voluntary annexation request from the city of Jackson for 4.27 acres of property known as a portion of the South Farmington Road right of way, owned by the Missouri Department of Transportation.
Power and Light Committee
* Amended the 2005 budget regarding funds exceeding the 2005 appropriations.
* Set the spring cleanup/fix-up days for the week of April 10 to 14.
* Approved the mayor's appointment of Sheila King to fill an unexpired term on the Jackson Public Library Board ending on April 30, 2007.
* Approved the mayor's appointment of Sara Michie-Higson to fill an unexpired term on the community outreach board ending on April 30, 2007.
* Set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21 to consider amendments to code of ordinances regarding municipal utilities.
* Approved task order authorization No. 06-01, in the amount of $68,900 to Allen and Hoshall, of Memphis, Tenn., regarding the GIS electrical mapping and coordination study, phase 2 project.
* Approved change order No. 1 in the amount of $21,445.57, to PR Developers Inc. of Cape Girardeau regarding the Elwanda Drive relief sewer project -- reach A.
* Authorized expenditures in the amount of $2,636.22 to the Missouri Department of Transportation for additional sanitary sewer line encasement costs, regarding the West Jackson Boulevard/South Hope Street water and sewer relocation project, phase 1.
* Accepted the dedication of sanitary sewer easement deeds from David Allen and Dortha Jane Hedge, James R. and Patsy L. Lunsford, Robert C. and Mary C. Davis and Pauline Cranor, relative to the Williams Creek (West) interceptor sewer project -- reach B.
* Approved the preliminary plat of LeGrand's First Subdivision, as submitted by Steve LeGrand.
* Passed an ordinance vacating a utility easement across lot No. 63 of Little Schumer Subdivision Unit 2 as requested by Teri Birk.
* Approved the minor plat of a resubdivision of lot No. 5 of Klaus Park Village third subdivision, as submitted by Canyon Construction and Development LLC.
* Approved the minor plat of a resubdivision of lot No. 7 of Klaus Park Village third subdivision, as submitted by Canyon Construction and Development LLC.
* Amended the agenda to re-submit the preliminary plat of Nine Oaks Third through 10th Subdivisions, as submitted by Ronald Clark and Bobby Clark, to planning and zoning for review.