- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council action 2/7/06
Held a public hearing to consider vacating the city's interest in a 10-inch utility easement that runs along Independence Street between West Drive and Broadview Street, between lots 16 and 18.
* Held a public hearing regarding the request of Trifecta Development for a special-use permit for C-1 uses in an R-1 district at 3037 Lexington Ave.
* Held a public hearing regarding the request of Trifecta Development to rezone 3037 Lexington Ave. from R-1 single-family residential district, to R-2, single-family residential district.
(second and third readings)
* Approved the record plat of Seldom Rest Farm Subdivision.
* Amended chapter 25 of the city code relating to sidewalks.
* Accepted permanent water main easements from various property owners for the construction and maintenance of a water main in the downtown area.
* Authorized the mayor to execute a Southeast Missouri Bomb Team agreement with Sikeston, Poplar Bluff and Jackson.
* Approved vacating a 10-foot utility easement on Independence Street between West Drive and Broadview.
* Authorized the acquisition of property for the improvement of Linden Street between Sprigg Street and West End Boulevard.
* Granted a special use permit to Trifecta Development for purposes of maintaining and operating a building for office, service and retail uses at 3037 Lexington Ave.
* Amended the code of ordinances by changing the zoning of 3037 Lexington Ave. from R-1 to R-2.
* Authorized the acquisition of property for the improvement of Broadway at its intersection with Clark Avenue.
* Approved the record plat of Arbor Heights Fourth Addition.
* Acknowledged receipt of an annexation petition and setting a public hearing regarding the proposed annexation.
* Authorized the city manager to execute an agreement with Foeste Nursery for construction of a retaining wall along South Frederick Street.
* Authorized the city manager to execute Amendment No. 10 to the general agreement for engineering services between the city of Cape Girardeau and S. H. Smith & Company Inc., for the Cape North Park Trail, in the city of Cape Girardeau. Reading and passage.
* Approved appointments to the cable television advisory committee.
* Gave conditional approval of a retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales license for The Olive Garden Italian Restaurant.
* Gave conditional approval of a retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales license for Joey's Seafood & Grill.
* Changed the dates of the city council meetings in October.
* Accepted the partial water line improvements for Country Place subdivision.
* Accepted the annual city audit for fiscal year ending June 30, 2005, prepared by Beussink, Hey, Roe, Seabaugh & Stroder.