- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Christine Elaine Meulebrocek and Douglas Albert Gross were married July 23, 2005, at St. Peter's Lutheran Church in Dubuque, Iowa. The Rev. G. Netland performed the ceremony. Scriptures were read by David Gross of Paola, Kan., uncle of the groom. Music was provided by Bill Tinker. Soloists were Jill Cordes and Pete Magnuson of Rosemount, Minn., aunt and uncle of the bride.
Parents of the couple are Lyle and Joan Meulebrocek of Bemidjii, Minn., and Richard M. and Sheila D. Gross of Gordonville.
Maid of honor was Sara Meulebrocek of Bemidjii, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Rachel and Shannon Cordes of Roseville, Minn., cousins of the bride, and Judith Steck of Jackson, aunt of the groom.
Marcus Gross of Gordonville was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Chris Freeman of Gordonville, Jason Jones of Jackson, and Eric Meulebrocek of Bemidjii, brother of the bride. Ushers were Chris Fier of Taunton, Minn., cousin of the bride; Ryan Bollinger of Columbia, Mo.; and Casey Parrott of Jackson, cousin of the groom.
Candlelighters were Allison Cordes and Haley Magnuson of Rosemount, cousins of the bride.
Flower girl was Ashley Steck, daughter of Robert and Judith Steck and cousin of the groom. Ringbearer was Bennett Magnuson, son of Pete and Martha Magnuson of Rosemount and cousin of the bride.
Dan Shaffer attended the guest book.
The dinner and dance reception was held at the Holiday Inn in Dubuque. A second reception was held Aug. 13 at the home of the groom's parents.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 22 at Bricktown Brewery in Dubuque.
Mrs. Gross is a member of the U.S. Army National Guard. She is pursuing a degree in hospitality management at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.
The groom is a member of the National Guard, and served 14 months in Iraq. He is pursuing a degree in engineering at the university.
After a wedding trip to Kissimmee, Fla., the couple resides in Bloomington, Minn.