- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Earthquake awareness exhibit opens at Westfield West Park
Cape Girardeau officials will unveil an earthquake awareness exhibit today in the J.C. Penney court at the Westfield West Park.
The display will include videos, brochures and literature created by the Cape Community Emergency Response Team on earthquake awareness.
The exhibit presented by the Cape Girardeau Fire Department and the Cape Community Emergency Response Team will be on display from noon to 6 p.m.
The State Emergency Management Agency will also host an exhibit booth, a "shaking table," an interactive computer exhibit, and other hands-on activities. The Department of Natural Resources will hold an exhibit and there will also be a tabletop display from the Structural Assessment Visual Evaluation group. Officials will be on hand to answer questions.
For more information, call the Cape Girardeau Fire Department at 334-3211.