- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
THEBES, Ill. -- James William Caldwell, 89, of Thebes died Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 27, 1913, in Delta, Ill., son of William and Ida Dyer Caldwell. He married Zelma Browning.
Caldwell was a retired farmer and a member of Thebes Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife; a son, William Caldwell of Thebes; a daughter, Betty Walden of Olive Branch, Ill.; three brothers, Sherman Caldwell of Thebes, Wilbur Caldwell of Athens, Greece, Finny Caldwell of Murphysboro, Ill.; a sister, Lucille Franklin of Ramsey, Ill.; four grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jerry Herring officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.