- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Rep. Lichtenegger proposes change to term limits (12/4/17)7
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Buffalo Wild Wings moving to new location in March (12/2/17)2
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
THEBES, Ill. -- James William Caldwell, 89, of Thebes died Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 27, 1913, in Delta, Ill., son of William and Ida Dyer Caldwell. He married Zelma Browning.
Caldwell was a retired farmer and a member of Thebes Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife; a son, William Caldwell of Thebes; a daughter, Betty Walden of Olive Branch, Ill.; three brothers, Sherman Caldwell of Thebes, Wilbur Caldwell of Athens, Greece, Finny Caldwell of Murphysboro, Ill.; a sister, Lucille Franklin of Ramsey, Ill.; four grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jerry Herring officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.