- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)7
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
Ruth LaJune "June" Wheeler, 90, died Monday, July 7, 2003, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Nov. 26, 1912, in Garland, S.D., daughter of Roy Lacey and Mabel Omega Haight Standiford. She and Irvin Wheeler were married Dec. 20, 1930, in Springfield, Mo. He died May 19, 1999.
Wheeler had been a clerk at Connie's, Gaylor's and Brown's Shoe Fit in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of Illmo United Methodist Church in Scott City.
Survivors include a son, Dennis Wheeler of Jackson; two daughters, Janis Gilbert of Cape Girardeau, Susie Kinder of Scott City; seven grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City after 1 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jim Woeltje officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery.