- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo.-- Thomas Dexter Head, 91, of Marble Hill died Sunday, Jan. 29, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 17, 1914, in Floral, Ark., son of Archie and Stella Bailey Head. He and Cynthia Ganell Moore were married April 14, 1938. She died May 20, 2000.
Head retired as a pattern clerk with Apex Steel Corp. in St. Louis.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include a daughter, Georgia Laxton of Marble Hill; eight grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, two grandchildren, and a great-grandson.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ray Meek officiating. Burial will be in Union Hill Cemetery near Zalma, Mo.