- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Maxine B. Tippett, 82, of Advance died Saturday, Jan. 28, 2006, at the Advance Nursing Center.
She was born Sept. 26, 1923, in Poplar Bluff, Mo., daughter of Jesse and Vallie Carlton Bollinger. She and Wright Tippett were united in marriage Nov. 2, 1944, in Advance.
Maxine had worked as a job placement coordinator for the Tennessee Department of Employment. She was a 1941 graduate of Advance High School and a member of Advance First Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Terry Tippett of Germantown, Tenn., Mark Tippett of Millbrook, N.Y.; a daughter, Gwen Hannah of Memphis, Tenn.; a grandchild; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, Bradley; a grandson, Brent; and a sister, Patsy.
Friends may call from noon to 1 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Eric Shrum officiating. Interment will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the Gideons.