- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Elfrinks team up to win SEMOhorseshoe event
Tyler and Todd Elfrink won in an 18-field Sunday in the Southeast Missouri Horseshoe Association event at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Leopold.
Cori Stoverink and Bob Piper were second. Darrel Vandeven and Danny Nenninger were third.
At Oran on July 4, Irv Vandeven and A.J. Eftink won with Larry Glastetter and Marvin Margrabe second. Third was Ron LeGrand and Terri Rose.
The league has adjusted its schedule. The remaining dates: July 12 at the Backyard Club in Glenallen; July 19 at Schindler's Tavern in New Hamburg; Sept. 28 at the Benton American Legion; and Oct. 5 at the Jackson Knights of Columbus Hall for the Tournament of Champions.
Coad aces hole No. 13 at Cape Girardeau C.C.
Nell Coad recently fired a hole in one at Cape Girardeau Country Club.
Coas used a 7-wood to ace No. 13, a par 3 playing 130 yards. Witnesses were Donna Van Matre, Sue Gerecke and Iris Ford.
Hemperley fires an ace at Cape Girardeau C.C.
Bob Hemperley recently carded an ace at Cape Girardeau Country Club.
Using a 9 -wood, Hemperley holed out on No. 6, a 135-yard par 3. Witnesses were Ken Brockett, Jerry VandenBrook, Morris Osborn and Bill White.
Fencers' demonstration set at Show Me Center
Members of the SEMO Fencing Club will hold a demonstration at 6 p.m. July 18 at the Student Recreation Center in the Show Me Center.
-- From staff reports