- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Maxine B. Tippett, 82, of Advance died Saturday, Jan. 28, 2006, at the Advance Nursing Center.
She was born Sept. 26, 1923, in Poplar Bluff, Mo., daughter of Jesse and Vallie Carlton Bollinger. She and Wright Tippett were married on Nov. 2, 1944, in Advance.
Tippett had worked as a job placement coordinator for the Tennessee Department of Employment. She was a 1941 graduate of Advance High School and a member of the Advance First Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Terry Tippett of Germantown, Tenn.; a daughter, Gwen Hannah of Memphis, Tenn.; a grandchild and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson and a sister.
Friends may call from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Morgan Funeral Home with the Rev. Eric Shrum officiating. Interment will be at the Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.