- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)24
- Vandals ravage historic Shivelbine house before demolition (05/18/16)25
Drug sting in Sikeston results in arrest of two men
Sikeston Standard Democrat
SIKESTON, Mo. -- A joint bi-state drug investigation led to the arrest of two men for the distribution of crack-cocaine Thursday in Sikeston.
Vincent Mark Gray, 25, of Carbondale, Ill., and Leonard LaSean Phillips of Charleston, Mo., were arrested during a "buy-bust operation" at 12:26 p.m. Thursday at the South Point Shopping Center in Sikeston, according to Sikeston Department of Public Safety director Drew Juden. Officers seized two ounces of crack-cocaine.
The Sikeston Department of Public Safety Narcotic Unit worked the undercover investigation with SEMO Drug Task Force, New Madrid County Sheriff's Office, Carbondale Police Department, Drug Enforcement Administration, Missouri National Guard and Southern Illinois Enforcement Group.
Gray and Phillips were charged with trafficking in the first degree and were being held without bond in the New Madrid County Jail.