- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Dr. Blair Alden
ANNA, Ill. -- Dr. Blair S. Alden, 84 of Bethalto, Ill., formerly of Anna, died Friday, Jan. 27, 2006,
He was born Oct. 27, 1920, at Anna, son of Frank and Ruth Leib Alden. He and Ann Vinson were married Jan. 19, 1939, at Bertrand, Mo.
Alden was educated in Anna-Jonesboro public schools and in Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. He earned his doctor of chiropractic degree from Logan College in St. Louis. Alden practiced for many years in Jefferson City, Mo., before selling his practice in 1979 and joining his son-in-law, Dr. Sam Brinkley at Rosewood Chriopractic Clinic in East Alton, Ill. He practiced there until he retired in 1990. Alden then became a consultant at Logan and co-authored a chiropractic textbook. During his years in practice in Missouri, Alden was an active member of the State Chiropractic Association serving as secretary for several years. In 1975, he was honored as Doctor of the Year. He was also a member of the American Chiropractic Association his entire career and the Illinois Chiropractic Society since 1979.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Linda Brinkley; a foster son, Don Burnett of Anna; a sister, Margaret High of Marion, Ill.; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Friends may call after 9:30 a.m. until the time of the service Tuesday the Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Randy Carstens officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.