- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Message now comes from within
To the editor:
Just a short reminder for some who would criticize the great job our soldiers under the leadership of commander-in-chief George W. Bush are doing in the war against terrorism and terrorists.
During World War II, led by Franklin D. Roosevelt and Harry S. Truman, an infamous voice dubbed Tokyo Rose was broadcast repeatedly from Tokyo to our military men all over the world. The voice carried three points that it hammered home incessantly:
1. Your president lied to you about this war.
2. This is an illegal war.
3. You cannot win this war.
Sounds familiar. It seems I have heard left-wing liberals and the biased news media blowing the same horn. Tokyo Rose did it to try to demoralize our troops. I find it strange that the message that used to come from the enemy without now comes from within. America, wake up.
ANDY TULLY, Piedmont, Mo.