- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
Message now comes from within
To the editor:
Just a short reminder for some who would criticize the great job our soldiers under the leadership of commander-in-chief George W. Bush are doing in the war against terrorism and terrorists.
During World War II, led by Franklin D. Roosevelt and Harry S. Truman, an infamous voice dubbed Tokyo Rose was broadcast repeatedly from Tokyo to our military men all over the world. The voice carried three points that it hammered home incessantly:
1. Your president lied to you about this war.
2. This is an illegal war.
3. You cannot win this war.
Sounds familiar. It seems I have heard left-wing liberals and the biased news media blowing the same horn. Tokyo Rose did it to try to demoralize our troops. I find it strange that the message that used to come from the enemy without now comes from within. America, wake up.
ANDY TULLY, Piedmont, Mo.