- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- A shot at a Harley: Man's basketball feat at Southeast game wins new motorcycle (2/27/17)
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)13
- Singer Neal Boyd says he faces physical therapy after Jan. 22 traffic accident (2/27/17)
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Message now comes from within
To the editor:
Just a short reminder for some who would criticize the great job our soldiers under the leadership of commander-in-chief George W. Bush are doing in the war against terrorism and terrorists.
During World War II, led by Franklin D. Roosevelt and Harry S. Truman, an infamous voice dubbed Tokyo Rose was broadcast repeatedly from Tokyo to our military men all over the world. The voice carried three points that it hammered home incessantly:
1. Your president lied to you about this war.
2. This is an illegal war.
3. You cannot win this war.
Sounds familiar. It seems I have heard left-wing liberals and the biased news media blowing the same horn. Tokyo Rose did it to try to demoralize our troops. I find it strange that the message that used to come from the enemy without now comes from within. America, wake up.
ANDY TULLY, Piedmont, Mo.