- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Message now comes from within
To the editor:
Just a short reminder for some who would criticize the great job our soldiers under the leadership of commander-in-chief George W. Bush are doing in the war against terrorism and terrorists.
During World War II, led by Franklin D. Roosevelt and Harry S. Truman, an infamous voice dubbed Tokyo Rose was broadcast repeatedly from Tokyo to our military men all over the world. The voice carried three points that it hammered home incessantly:
1. Your president lied to you about this war.
2. This is an illegal war.
3. You cannot win this war.
Sounds familiar. It seems I have heard left-wing liberals and the biased news media blowing the same horn. Tokyo Rose did it to try to demoralize our troops. I find it strange that the message that used to come from the enemy without now comes from within. America, wake up.
ANDY TULLY, Piedmont, Mo.