- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
New board members named to local board
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- Sprint Nextel Corp. announced Monday that five people have been named to the board of directors that will govern the soon-to-be independent local telephone business. The company, based in Reston, Va., with operational headquarters in Overland Park, expects to spin off local service in the second quarter of 2006. The appointees are: Peter Brown, William Owens, Dinesh Paliwal and Stephanie M. Shern. Daniel Hesse, who has been picked to lead the local service operation, will serve as the board's chairman.
"These are impressive leaders we are designating to serve on the board of directors of the new local communications company, and their experiences position them well to play key roles in the evolution of the local communications business," said Gary Forsee, president and CEO for Sprint Nextel.
On the Net: