- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Community briefs 1/19/06
Cape neighborhood group meets today
The Neighborhood Connections group will meet at 6 p.m. today at 101 N. Fountain St. A presentation will be made by Steve Williams, housing assistance coordinator at city hall who is involved with the Neighborhood Revitalization Community Development Block Grant program.
Community Caring Council meeting slated
The monthly Community Caring Council meeting will be at 7:30 a.m. Friday at SADI, (SEMO Alliance for Disability Independence) 121 S, Broadview St., Cape Girardeau. Tom Davisson will present highlights from a 10-year celebration of community partnerships titled "Decade of Difference" held in Jefferson City last month.
Glastetter benefit dance taking place on Jan. 28
A benefit dance for Margaret Devore Glastetter will begin at 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson, upper level. Funds raised will help with medical bills. Food provided; drinks available. No coolers. A set donation is admission. Anyone unable to attend may still show their support with a donation at any Bank of America under her name. Call 243-5852 for more information.
-- From staff reports