- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jackson Board of Aldermen action
Approved the semiannual financial statement ending Dec. 31, 2005.
* Changed the regular board meeting from Feb. 20 to Feb. 21 due to Presidents' Day.
* Set the ninth annual Jackson Board of Aldermen and Cape Girardeau City Council joint meeting for 7:30 p.m. Feb. 13 at Jackson City Hall.
* Approved a change order No. 2 to Dutch Enterprises Inc. of Jackson for an $11,406 increase in the contract amount, regarding the West Jackson Boulevard Water and Sewer Relocation Project phase 2.
* Approved the minor plat of Goodwill Subdivision, as submitted by Goodwill Properties Inc.
* Accepted the dedication of a sanitary sewer easement deed from Robert G. and Gladys N. Nitsch, regarding the Williams Creek (West) Interceptor Sewer Project, Reach B.
* Approved the voluntary annexation of 0.82 acres of property along Hillcrest Drive, as submitted by Seabaugh Construction Co.
* Accepted the voluntary annexation petition of the city of Jackson, for 4.27 acres of property (known as a portion of the South Farmington Road public right of way), owned by the Missouri Department of Transportation, and setting a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Feb. 6.
* Passed an ordinance amending Chapter 65, regarding public protest, opinions and comments.
* Set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21 to consider the rezoning of certain properties along West Jackson Boulevard, regarding the West Jackson Boulevard Comprehensive Rezoning Project, phase 3, as submitted by the city of Jackson.
* Set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21 to consider the rezoning of 36.09 acres of property (known as the future Jackson Ridge Estates Subdivision) from R-1 (single-family residential) district to R-2 (single-family residential) district, as submitted by P.B. Properties.
* Set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21 to consider the rezoning of the property at 2080 East Main St. from R-4 (general residential) district to C-2 (general commercial) district, as submitted by Gerald W. and Mary A. Huskey.
* Accepted the dedication of a sanitary sewer and access easement deed and a sanitary sewer easement deed from Goodwill Properties Inc. and C.C. Lexington LLC.
* Amended the crosswalks designated schedule by adding a crosswalk designation on East Independence Street.
* Amended the flashing signals schedule by adding a flashing signal designation on East Independence Street.