- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Esther Schaefer, 88, of Jackson died Sunday, Jan. 15, 2006, at the Jackson Manor Nursing Home in Jackson.
She was born May 25, 1917, in Tilsit, Mo., daughter of William and Anna Roloff Wille. She and Max Schaefer were married on July 11, 1936. He died Jan. 29, 1988.
Schaefer worked for 23 years at the former Lowenbaum Dress Factory in Cape Girardeau and was a member of New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson.
Survivors include a son, Bill Schaefer of Cincinnati, Ohio; a daughter, Dorothy Seabaugh of Jackson; four grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by five brothers, a half-brother and two half-sisters.
Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. John Rice officiating. Interment will follow in the Russell Heights Cemetery.