- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
People on the move 01/16/06
Salon on Broadway adds to staff
Shelly Zimmerman has joined the staff at Prodigy's Styling Salon at 821B Broadway in Cape Girardeau.
State Farm office opens on Mount Auburn Road
Nick Hogan has opened a State Farm Insurance office at 1353 N. Mount Auburn Road, Suite A, in Cape Girardeau.
Commerce Bank names vice president
Wade Bartels has been promoted to assistant vice president at Commerce Bank, Southeast Missouri in Cape Girardeau. Bartels received a bachelor's degree in business administration from Southeast Missouri State University. He is a member of the Financial Management Association International, the Association for Financial Professionals and the Jackson Rotary Club.
Wood & Huston Bank names branch president
Clint Karnes has been promoted to branch president of Wood & Huston Bank's SEMO Banking Center in Cape Girardeau.
Drivers receive awards for reaching a million miles
Hull Trucking Co. of Old Appleton, Mo., recently presented awards to nine drivers for having driven more than one million miles with the company. Three lease drivers received the award -- Mark Odle, Jack Weaver and Brad Kirchner. Six company drivers also reached the milestone in 2005 -- Dennis Stegall, Kurt Wingerter, Kevin Brotherton, Greg Seabaugh, Bob Wuebbels and Shannon Strickland. The drivers were also presented a watch.
Capaha Bank hires branch manager, VP
Lee Schlitt has been hired by Capaha Bank as vice president and branch manager of its new Kingshighway location in Cape Girardeau. While the location is under construction and will not be complete until the summer, Schlitt will begin developing business and hiring staff for the new branch immediately. Schlitt attended Central High School and Southeast Missouri State University, where he earned a bachelor's degree in business administration. He is currently pursuing a master's degree in business administration at Southeast.
-- From staff reports