- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Col. McMahon retires after 23 years
Col. Donald McMahon of Springfield, Mo., retired recently from the Missouri Army National Guard after 23 years of military service.
His last assignment was commander of the 1107th Aviation Classification Repair Activity Depot, which included an 11-month deployment to Southwest Asia. McMahon's active duty with the Navy began in August 1968, and he served in Vietnam during 1970.
He resides with his wife, Dr. Dana Chism McMahon, in Springfield. The couple have a daughter and a son, who live in Missouri. His grandmother, Bertha Pierce, resides in Cape Girardeau.