- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Community briefs 1/16/06
Kindergarten enrollment set Jackson district
Kindergarten enrollment for children currently living in the Jackson School District who meet eligibility requirements will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Jan. 26 at the Primary Annex School, 444 W. Jefferson St. Children must turn age 5 before Aug. 1 to enroll. Parents or guardians should bring the child's birth certificate, immunization record, Social Security card and proof of residency. The child does not need be present at the time of enrollment.
Arts council "Trivia Night" at Cape Senior Center
"Trivia Night," a fund raiser sponsored by the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, will be held at 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at the Cape Girardeau Senior Center. The public is invited to join an evening of fun and games with cash prizes and a drawing. There is an admission fee. Snacks and drinks will be provided. Participants will be grouped in tables of eight. Call the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri at 334-9233 to reserve a group table. Individuals are encouraged to attend -- they will be placed in one of the group tables.
-- From staff reports