- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Benefields married 50 years
THEBES, Ill. -- Mr. and Mrs. Earl Benefield of Thebes were honored with a 50th wedding anniversary dinner and reception hosted by their daughters and grandchildren.
The event was held Dec. 10, 2005, at the National Guard Armory in Cape Girardeau.
Benefield and Laverne Kaufman were married Dec. 10, 1955, at the courthouse in Cairo, Ill. Their attendants were Clara Benefield Tucker and T.D. Kaufman.
The couple has two daughters, Lisa Lesch and husband Guy, and Connie Newell and husband David, all of Thebes.
They have four grandchildren, Stacy Davis and Lindsay Newell of Thebes, Kelli Holloway of Jackson, Ashley Follis of Jonesboro, Ill.; and three great-grandchildren, McKenzie Little, Bryce Davis and Kylie Holloway.