- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
FROHNA, Mo. -- Verna M. Weber, 85, formerly of Frohna, Mo., died Friday, Jan . 13, 2006, at Perry County Nursing Home in Perryville, Mo.
She was born Dec. 3, 1920, at Frohna, daughter of Theodore Benjamin and Flora Christiana Palisch Mangels. She and Edmund Walter Weber were married Sept. 29, 1940.
Weber had been a private residential housekeeper, and had owned and operated Weber's Place near Altenburg, Mo.
She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church at Altenburg and its Ladies Aid, and former member of the church choir and Golden Age Club.
Survivors include her husband; three daughters, Mary Kiehne of Jackson, Arlene Fluegge of Frankfort, Ky., Ruby Majors of Imperial, Mo.; a son, Richard Weber of Frohna; 11 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by an infant twin daughter, two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Young and Sons East Perry Chapel in Altenburg from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, and Monday from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Immanuel Church, with the Rev. Keith Weise officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.