- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
FROHNA, Mo. -- Verna M. Weber, 85, formerly of Frohna, Mo., died Friday, Jan . 13, 2006, at Perry County Nursing Home in Perryville, Mo.
She was born Dec. 3, 1920, at Frohna, daughter of Theodore Benjamin and Flora Christiana Palisch Mangels. She and Edmund Walter Weber were married Sept. 29, 1940.
Weber had been a private residential housekeeper, and had owned and operated Weber's Place near Altenburg, Mo.
She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church at Altenburg and its Ladies Aid, and former member of the church choir and Golden Age Club.
Survivors include her husband; three daughters, Mary Kiehne of Jackson, Arlene Fluegge of Frankfort, Ky., Ruby Majors of Imperial, Mo.; a son, Richard Weber of Frohna; 11 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by an infant twin daughter, two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Young and Sons East Perry Chapel in Altenburg from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, and Monday from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Immanuel Church, with the Rev. Keith Weise officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.