- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Everett E. Corey, 67, of Jackson died Thursday, Jan. 12, 2006, in Jackson, with his family by his side.
He was born July 19, 1938, in St. Louis, son of Everett A. and Gertrude Burgen Corey. He and Charlotte Welker were married Oct. 4, 1987, in Cape Girardeau.
Mr. Corey worked 30 years on the river, retiring in 2000 due to illness. He attended New Bethel Baptist Church in Pocahontas.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Tony Welker and wife Lori of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Danea Johnson and husband Mike of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Tom Heliege and wife Millie of Portland, Ore.; a sister, Nell Robinson and husband Robert of Jackson; three grandchildren, Chelsie Welker, Timothy Welker and Grace Johnson; two stepgrandchildren, Destiny Kelley and Zackary Kelley; a niece, Monica Lillibridge and husband Chad; a nephew, Robert Robinson Jr. and wife Jennifer.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 1 p.m. to service time Sunday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Mike Johnson, Gary Kelley, Dennis Rougley, Steve Edmonds, Randy Farrow and Jon Edmonds.
Memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn., 38105.