- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- New ride-hailing law draws praise from carGo official (4/25/17)
Christmas tournament better than ever
To the editor:
We have completed four years of a successful venture in high school sports. I have always believed that the boys Christmas tournament is the premier basketball event in Southeast Missouri. This started when I first had the pleasure of playing in this tournament for three years, coaching for five years, assistant director for 16 years and now as tournament director for the past eight years.
I am convinced that the Southeast Missourian has greatly enhanced the tournament. My feelings are supported by the fact that many more people have attended the past four years than at any time previously.
I am looking forward to next year and many more years of the Southeast Missourian's involvement.
TOM ALLEN, Delta