- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Christmas tournament better than ever
To the editor:
We have completed four years of a successful venture in high school sports. I have always believed that the boys Christmas tournament is the premier basketball event in Southeast Missouri. This started when I first had the pleasure of playing in this tournament for three years, coaching for five years, assistant director for 16 years and now as tournament director for the past eight years.
I am convinced that the Southeast Missourian has greatly enhanced the tournament. My feelings are supported by the fact that many more people have attended the past four years than at any time previously.
I am looking forward to next year and many more years of the Southeast Missourian's involvement.
TOM ALLEN, Delta