- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Scott City council passes measures to block treatment plant project (10/10/17)1
Christmas tournament better than ever
To the editor:
We have completed four years of a successful venture in high school sports. I have always believed that the boys Christmas tournament is the premier basketball event in Southeast Missouri. This started when I first had the pleasure of playing in this tournament for three years, coaching for five years, assistant director for 16 years and now as tournament director for the past eight years.
I am convinced that the Southeast Missourian has greatly enhanced the tournament. My feelings are supported by the fact that many more people have attended the past four years than at any time previously.
I am looking forward to next year and many more years of the Southeast Missourian's involvement.
TOM ALLEN, Delta