- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
OVC honors 4 Redhawks for feats
Southeast Missouri State athletes swept all the Ohio Valley Conference indoor track and field athlete of the week awards during the first week of reporting.
Freshman Whitney Thomas (female track athlete of the week), senior Heather Jenkins (female field athlete of the week), senior Alonzo Nelson (male track athlete of the week) and senior Andrew Lambert (male field athlete of the week) were honored for their performances during last month's season-opening Arkansas State Kickoff Classic.
Thomas was second in the 55-meter hurdles at Arkansas State; Jenkins won the weight throw; Nelson finished second in the 55-meter hurdles and ran on the winning 1,600 relay team; and Lambert won the high jump.
Southeast's teams will be in action Friday in a meet at Southern Illinois-Carbondale.
Also on Friday, Southeast junior Miles Smith -- a member of the USA gold medal 1,600 relay team at the World Championships -- is expected to make his indoor debut in a meet at the University of Arkansas, site of the 2006 NCAA indoor championships.