- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Mary Elizabeth Davis, 57, of Scott City died Thursday, Jan. 12, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 11, 1948, in Caruthersville, Mo., daughter of Richard A. and Mary E. Hoover Kurtz. She and Cletis Davis Jr. were married June 15, 1965.
Davis was employed in construction with Tower Rock Quarry.
Survivors include two daughters, Donna Patterson and Sherry Nolan of Scott City; her mother, Mary Simms of Scott City; two brothers, Alfred Kurtz of Scott City, Gary Simms of Bernie, Mo.; three sisters, Helen Wills of St. Mary, Mo., Linda Lefler of Bloomfield, Mo., Pam Howell of Scott City; and seven grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter and her father.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Terry Eades officiating. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. at Little Prairie Cemetery in Caruthersville.