- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
Sparkman has done great things
To the editor:
I have to agree with the VanMatres' letter, "Release Sparkman during appeal."
Greg Sparkman is a good person and has done many great things for our communities in Cape Girardeau and Jackson. He is a person who has a great outlook on life no matter what. His conscience is clear, and it reflects as such in his "happy-go-lucky, doing-good-things-for-others" actions. If you knew him, you would understand what I mean.
LANCE and LINDA McKINNEY, Jackson