- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Sparkman has done great things
To the editor:
I have to agree with the VanMatres' letter, "Release Sparkman during appeal."
Greg Sparkman is a good person and has done many great things for our communities in Cape Girardeau and Jackson. He is a person who has a great outlook on life no matter what. His conscience is clear, and it reflects as such in his "happy-go-lucky, doing-good-things-for-others" actions. If you knew him, you would understand what I mean.
LANCE and LINDA McKINNEY, Jackson