- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Money bags stolen from truck in mall parking lot
Several money bags filled with small bills and assorted coins were stolen from a vending machine supply truck in Cape Girardeau.
A Burch Food Services truck was broken into around 8:36 a.m. Wednesday at J.C. Penny at Westfield West Park, while its driver had gone to make a delivery.
When the driver returned from J.C. Penny, he noticed one of the truck's side doors was open with its lock cut and in pieces on the ground, according to Cape Girardeau police spokesman Jason Selzer.
About 15 money bags that held an undisclosed amount of money in small bills and coins were stolen from the truck.
No suspects were in custody and no witnesses have been found, Selzer said Thursday.
A representative from Burch Food Services, a vending company, was not available for comment Thursday night.