- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Conn. court upholds Skakel murder conviction
NORWALK, Conn. -- The state's highest court upheld Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel's murder conviction, the mother of the victim said. A prosecutor and defense attorney declined to speak publicly about the case.
Skakel was convicted in 2002 of bludgeoning his neighbor, Martha Moxley, to death with a golf club in 1975 in wealthy Greenwich. Skakel, who along with the victim was 15 at the time. He's serving 20 years to life in prison.
DEGREES OF KENNEDY:
Michael Skakel is a nephew of Ethel Kennedy. Ethel was married to Robert F. Kennedy. Robert F. Kennedy was the brother of former U.S. President John F. Kennedy.