- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Conn. court upholds Skakel murder conviction
NORWALK, Conn. -- The state's highest court upheld Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel's murder conviction, the mother of the victim said. A prosecutor and defense attorney declined to speak publicly about the case.
Skakel was convicted in 2002 of bludgeoning his neighbor, Martha Moxley, to death with a golf club in 1975 in wealthy Greenwich. Skakel, who along with the victim was 15 at the time. He's serving 20 years to life in prison.
DEGREES OF KENNEDY:
Michael Skakel is a nephew of Ethel Kennedy. Ethel was married to Robert F. Kennedy. Robert F. Kennedy was the brother of former U.S. President John F. Kennedy.