- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Conn. court upholds Skakel murder conviction
NORWALK, Conn. -- The state's highest court upheld Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel's murder conviction, the mother of the victim said. A prosecutor and defense attorney declined to speak publicly about the case.
Skakel was convicted in 2002 of bludgeoning his neighbor, Martha Moxley, to death with a golf club in 1975 in wealthy Greenwich. Skakel, who along with the victim was 15 at the time. He's serving 20 years to life in prison.
DEGREES OF KENNEDY:
Michael Skakel is a nephew of Ethel Kennedy. Ethel was married to Robert F. Kennedy. Robert F. Kennedy was the brother of former U.S. President John F. Kennedy.