- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)10
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)21
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Conn. court upholds Skakel murder conviction
NORWALK, Conn. -- The state's highest court upheld Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel's murder conviction, the mother of the victim said. A prosecutor and defense attorney declined to speak publicly about the case.
Skakel was convicted in 2002 of bludgeoning his neighbor, Martha Moxley, to death with a golf club in 1975 in wealthy Greenwich. Skakel, who along with the victim was 15 at the time. He's serving 20 years to life in prison.
DEGREES OF KENNEDY:
Michael Skakel is a nephew of Ethel Kennedy. Ethel was married to Robert F. Kennedy. Robert F. Kennedy was the brother of former U.S. President John F. Kennedy.