- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Evelyn Ludwig Sohn, 93, of Jackson died Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 16, 1912, in Cape Girardeau County, daughter of John F. and Carrie Hoffman Schweer. She first married Henry Ludwig Nov. 23, 1930. He died Jan. 25, 1968. She and Russell Sohn were married June 30, 1973. He died Jan. 26, 1980.
Sohn was a graduate of Oak Ridge High School. She taught school, music, and did restaurant work 20 years, and later did home nursing for the elderly.
She was a lifelong member of Oak Ridge Methodist Church, where she served on the church board, held a life membership in UMW and was an adult Sunday school teacher many years. She was a charter member of Byrd's Creek Neighborhood Club, former Brookside 4-H Club leader, and was formerly active in PTA.
Survivors include two sons, Donald Ludwig of Alto, N.M., David Ludwig of Jackson; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by an infant daughter.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Rice officiating. Burial will be in St. John's United Church of Christ Cemetery at Fruitland.