- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Nada Ellen Bradford, 97, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Jan. 8, 2006, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Oct. 23, 1908, at Diehlstadt, Mo., daughter of W.A. and Nettie McGinnis English. She and W.E. Anderson were married July 21, 1924, at Diehlstadt. He died March 10, 1968. She later married T.C. Bradford July 18, 1980, at Oran, Mo. He died May 28, 1994.
Bradford was active in the Morley community and school district. She had been a bookkeeper at Benton Court House and at B&B Salvage in Jackson, and was activity director at Cape LaCroix Nursing Home.
She was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church and Bonnie Roberts Sunday School Class.
Survivors include three daughters, Wilma Friga and Mary Baker of Cape Girardeau, Francys Winder of Lewiston, Idaho; two stepsons, Dr. John Bradford of Bardstown, Ky., Larry Bradford of St. Louis; two stepdaughters, Sharon Klein of St. Louis, Sarah Bradford of Sadieville, Ky.; four grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; 11 stepgrandchildren; 11 great-stepgrandchildren; numerous great-great-grandchildren and great-great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 11 a.m. to service time Thursday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Dr. Derek Staples officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens at Morley.