- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Imogene "Jean" Ross, 94, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Jan. 8, 2006, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born Oct. 30, 1911, in Blodgett, Mo., daughter of the late Joseph F. and Myra Tisdel Mackley. She and Oral C. Ross were married March, 13, 1926, in Jackson. He preceded her in death in 1968.
Mrs. Ross was a member of First Foursquare Gospel Church in Phoenix, Ariz. She was an assistant supervisor at Chambers Belt Co. in Phoenix before retirement.
Survivors include a nephew, Michael Matzen of Columbia, Mo.; a niece, Jean Nix of St. Louis; nine great-nieces and nephews and nine great-great-nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 6 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Phil Roop officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.