- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jean Young Byrd, 60, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Jan. 8, 2006, at her home.
She was born May 21, 1945, in St. Louis, daughter of E. Ross and Dorris Felter Young.
Jean was a 1963 graduate of Central High School.
She retired from Cape Girardeau School District. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and VFW Post 3838 Ladies Auxiliary.
Survivors include two sons, Daniel Byrd and friend Laine Lindley of Memphis, Tenn., David Byrd and wife Barbel of Germany; her parents of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Susan Rosenthal and husband Bob of St. Louis, Robyn Young of Cape Girardeau; a friend and caregiver who was always there for her, Edward Thomas Hamilton of Cape Girardeau; several aunts, uncles and cousins.
Her body will be cremated.
In lieu of flowers, Jean would hope you choose someone you love and give them all your love now while you are both here to enjoy. Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. And leave the rest to God.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.