- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council action 1/10/06
(Second and third readings)
* Approved an ordinance to place stop signs on Park Place Drive at its intersection with Bloomfield Road.
* Accepted the record plat of Forest Hills Estates Third Addition.
* Granted underground utility easements and waterline easements from Dalhousie and the Elmwood Farms Limited Family Partnership to serve the Dalhousie Clubhouse and Cottages.
* Approved the record plat of Timber Creek.
* Reached an escrow agreement with Mitch Kinder Development and U.S. Bank for Timber Creek Subdivision.
* Gave a sewer and utility easement for various property owners for improvements in Whispering Oaks Subdivision.
* Approved the improvement plans for the construction of an 8-inch sanitary sewer extension to serve unsubdivided property east of Whispering Oaks Subdivision.
* Accepted a general warranty deed from DKR for property along the Cape LaCroix Drainage Channel for stormwater management.
* Accepted a general warranty deed from the Gordon A. Cohen Trust, for property at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* Executed general warranty deeds to various property owners for property located on Vantage Drive and Farrar Drive.
* Accepted a general warranty deed from Trifecta Development for property at Lexington Avenue and Flad Avenue.
* Amended the city code by establishing a speed limit on a portion of Silver Springs Road.
* Executed a release of lien on property located at 307 S. Pacific St. for the community development block grant program.
* Authorized application to the Southeast Missouri Solid Waste Management District for a household hazardous waste collection grant.
* Authorized the city to enter into certain transactions relating to the construction, furnishing and equipping of public safety and public works improvements.