- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Betty Ann Jones, 77, of Anna died Friday, Jan. 6, 2006, at her home.
She was born Nov. 1, 1928, at Lick Creek, Ill., daughter of Lafayette Carroll and Ruth Stout Rich. She and Leonard Lowell Jones were married July 9, 1947, in Osceola, Ark.; he died Nov. 19, 1989.
Jones was employed as a dietary supervisor at Choate Mental Health & Development Center in Anna for many years. She was a member of the United Methodist Church in Anna, the Ladies VFW Auxiliary and Anna Eastern Star Chapter 522.
Survivors include two daughters, Pamela Darlene Jones of Carbondale, Ill., Paula Dianne Sullivan of Goreville, Ill.; a sister, Bonnie Stokes of Lick Creek; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a grandson.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Al Campbell officiating. Entombment will be in McGinnis Cemetery near Anna.