- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
DEXTER, Mo.-- Hilda Smyth, 75 of Dexter died Friday, Jan. 6, 2006, at her home.
She was born Nov. 10, 1930, at Essex, Mo. She and Alvin Smyth were married Sept. 10, 1949, at Dexter.
Smyth was a member of First Baptist Church in Dexter.
Survivors include her husband; three daughters, Vicki Waldrup of Dexter, Beverly Good of Cookeville, Tenn., Susan Richmond of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Nelda Douglas of Dexter; and seven grandchildren.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Vaughn Wright officiating. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, Mo.