- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
FREDERICKTOWN, Mo. -- Virginia Lee Moore, 87, of Fredericktown died Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2005, at Stockoff Nursing Home.
She was born Aug. 13, 1918, at Zion, Mo., daughter of Francis Lauren and Ada Alice Elders Whitener. She and Clarence Gilford Moore were married March 4, 1939, at Fredericktown. He preceded her in death.
Moore attended First Baptist Church in Fredericktown.
Survivors include two sons, Dr. Richard E. Moore of Jackson, Robert L. Moore of Colorado Springs, Colo.; two daughters, Kathryn E. Wright, Marilyn C. Moore, both of Fredericktown; two sisters, Floy Mae Whitener of Fredericktown, Margaret Farmer of Clarksville, Tenn.; six grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her husband, a sister, two brothers and a granchild.
Services were held Dec. 31 at First Baptist Church in Fredericktown, with Tom Johnson officiating. Burial was in Marcus Memorial Cemetery.
Arrangements were by Follis and Sons Funeral Home.