- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Still time to sign up for prescription plan
To the editor:
There is good news for the people of Missouri. You can still sign up for the new Medicare prescription drug plan. With the new program, Medicare beneficiaries will save an average of $1,300 a year on prescription drugs. Some of those who have already signed up tell us they will realize even greater savings.
If you are on Medicare, you can sign up without penalty until May 15. If you turn 65 later, you will have a seven-month window to sign up. If you need help in choosing a plan or have questions about the prescription drug plan, you can call the Missouri CLAIM office at 1-800-390-3330 or Medicare at 1-800-633-4227. Medicare is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also enroll by visiting www.medicare.gov. Both Medicare and CLAIM can help choose the plan that best fits your needs based on the prescription medicine you take.
If you have a limited income, you may be able to get extra help that can get you comprehensive coverage for no premium, no deductible and only a small copayment. To find out how to apply for the extra help, please call your nearest Social Security Administration office or call 1-800-772-1213.
FRED SCHUSTER, Regional Director, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Kansas City, Mo.