- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Jessalean Ray, 63, of Berkley, Ky., died Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2006, at her home.
She was born Oct. 22, 1942, in East Prairie, daughter of Jesse and May Magdalene Fobar Priest. She and Bobby Ray were married Oct. 12, 1957.
Ray lived in Berkley the past several years, and owned and operated the Flower Basket Flower Shop in Bardwell, Ky., before retiring. She was a member of Berkley Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Bobby Ray Jr. of Clinton, Ky., Brady Ray of Drakesboro, Ky.; a daughter, Theresa Rhodes of Arlington, Ky.; a brother, Bud Priest of Cape Girardeau; four sisters, Ann Duty of Benton, Mo., Nell Mainord of Cape Girardeau, Alline Thompkins of East Prairie, Edith Clark of Kentucky; eight grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie after 5 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Roger Wood officiating. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.