- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
LICK CREEK, Ill. -- Billy G. Stout, 73, of Lick Creek died Tuesday, July 1, 2003, at his home.
He was born July 16, 1929, in Johnson County, son of Lois O. and Elsie Marie Baker Stout. He and Maye Haire were married Feb. 28, 1948, in Osceola, Ark.
Stout was a carpenter 37 years with E.T. Simonds Construction Co. He was an elder at First Christian Church in Anna, Ill., and chairman of the Mission Committee many years.
Survivors include his wife; four sons, Larry Stout of Beaver Dam, Wis., Bill Jr. and Richard Stout of Anna, John Stout of Lick Creek; a daughter, Susan Crawford of Lick Creek; a brother, Jimmy Stout of Decatur, Ill.; two sisters, Lorene Lingle of Lick Creek, Virginia Page of Carbondale, Ill.; nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two sisters.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 5:30 p.m. today, and after 10 a.m. Friday at First Christian Church in Anna.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the church, with Gene Crosser officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.