- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
People on the move 01/03/06
Jackson native accepts job with UMC
Brent J. Lewis of Jackson has recently became the assistant director of ticket operations in the department of intercollegiate athletics at the University of Missouri-Columbia. Lewis is the son of Howard and Ellen Lewis of Jackson. He is also a 2005 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University, where he received a bachelor's degree in sports management with a minor in business administration. Lewis spent the summer as an intern in ticket sales with the Kane County Cougars, a single-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics in Geneva, Ill. He most recently completed an interim position in the sports information department at Southeast.
CEO heads local council of state hospital group
Stephen L. Crain, president and chief executive officer of Mineral Area Regional Medical Center in Farmington, Mo., was elected to a one-year term as president of the Missouri Hospital Association Southeast District Council. As district council president, Crain's responsibilities include presiding over quarterly council meetings and guiding discussions of association policy and activities. One of six MHA district council presidents, Crain will direct input from council members regarding national, state and regional health care policies to the MHA Board of Trustees. District council presidents also select recipients of MHA's Excellence in Governance awards.
Hospital CEO re-elected to state association's board
Southeast Missouri Hospital president and CEO James W. Wente has been re-elected to the Missouri Hospital Association Board of Trustees. Wente's term began Sunday and continues until Dec. 31, 2008. Wente was first elected to the MHA Board of Trustees in 1994 as a representative of District 6. He has served as board secretary, a member of the executive committee, chairman-elect and, from 1997 to 1999, as chairman of the statewide body. He then served as an at-large member of the Board of Trustees until being re-elected.
Tamms man joins Meyer Realty in Cape
Monte Hefner of Tamms, Ill., has recently joined the sales team at the Thomas L. Meyer Realty Co., 230 N. Sprigg St., Cape Girardeau. Monte is a Southern Illinois native and a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. He is licensed in insurance and real estate.
Executive secretary earns CAP rating
Andrea Ponder, an executive secretary with Robinson Construction Co. in Perryville, Mo., has earned the certified administrative professional rating from the International Association of Administrative Professionals, the leading association for administrative support staff. Ponder had to satisfy education and experience requirements, and pass a comprehensive four-part examination. Ponder has been an administrative professional for close to eight years and a member of the IAAP for one year.
-- From wire reports