- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jerry and Nancy Stone of Cape Girardeau announce the engagement of their daughter, Stephanie Anne Stone, to Kent Roger Zimmerman. He is the son of Roger and Joyce Zimmerman of Shiloh, Ill.
Stone is a 1986 graduate of Central High School. She received a bachelor's degree in psychology from Southeast Missouri State University in 1991, and a master's degree in counseling from Webster University in 1999. She is a licensed professional counselor and director of prevention services with Progressive Youth Connection in St. Louis.
Zimmerman is a 1979 graduate of O'Fallon Township High School in O'Fallon, Ill., and received a bachelor's degree in accounting and business administration from McKendree College in Lebanon, Ill., in 1983. He is financial project manager with Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
An April 22 wedding is planned in Cape Girardeau.