- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
TAMMS, Ill. -- Helen Stewart, 94, of Sesser, Ill., died Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2005, at White Oaks Rehab Health Care Center in Mount Vernon, Ill.
She was born Aug. 23, 1911, in Tamms, Ill., daughter of William H. and Luella Smith Berry. She married Zollie Stewart, who died in 1980.
Survivors include three daughters, Barbara Atchison and Georgia Olson of Sesser, Florence Haynes of Ullin, Ill.; 18 grandchildren; 35 great-grandchildren; and 12 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four sons, two daughters, three sisters, two brothers, two grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms from 8:30 a.m. to service time Friday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. Burial will be in National Cemetery at Mound City, Ill.