- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Brenda Griffey, 61, of Anna, died Saturday, Dec. 24, 2005, at Union County Hospital.
She was born March 12, 1944, in Anna, daughter of Faye Wheaton and Delbert Childers.
Griffey married Tom Griffey on March 15, 1963, in Elgin, Ill.
Griffey is survived by her husband; two daughters, Dena Stojan of Genoa, Ill., Lisa Loewe of Necedah, Wis.; seven grandchildren; two brothers, Leo Childers of Dongola, Mo., and Leon Childers of Plato Center, Ill.; and a sister, Ada Newby of Plato Center.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Hileman Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating.
Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.